491 visa is a 5-year provisional visa and it provides a pathway towards PR visa. Applicants can apply for PR if they fulfill the conditions.
Regional area refers to any area except of Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. Gold Coast, Perth, Canberra, Geelong are classified as regional areas.
The 491 visa replaced the 489 visa. Applicants can gain 15 points from regional state nomination!
- have an occupation on the list of STSOL/ MLTSSL / ROL occupation list
- have a skills assessment for the occupation
- be aged under 45
- have at least 6 in all bands in IELTS
- score 65 points or more (including 15 points of regional state nomination)
- submit EOI and get invited to apply for the visa
How to get the nomination from the state government?
Every state nominates different occupations. In most cases, you will need to have related work experiences. Additional conditions are required for some occupations. It depends on the criteria of each state.
How to apply for PR from 491 visa?
- You have lived and worked for at least 3 years in any regional areas
- You have a taxable income at or above $53900 for at least three years
Once you fulfill the above conditions, you can apply for 191 visa which is a permanent residence visa.
*The immigration policies change frequently, please contact us if you want the latest information.
Looking for migration consultation?